Qualcomm’s Fairygodboss Podcasts
On this episode of Fairygodboss Radio, Qualcomm’s VP of Global HR Solutions, Anne Elkin discusses her career journey and the lessons she’s learned along the way. Listen to the Listen to the full episode here..
LGBTBE BUSINESS WEBINARS AND VIDEO RESOURCES DURING COVID-19
This page is dedicated to our network of exceptional, innovative Certified LGBT Business Enterprise® (Certified LGBTBE®) suppliers in the NGLCC network. Here you will find information on business development webinars and trainings; online matchmakers, both B2B and corporate; support with drafting capability statements and RFPs; and much, much more to help our businesses and community stay strong and ready for the year ahead.
Additionally, many NGLCC local affiliate chambers have regional information and economic recovery opportunities available.
A Pathway to Equitable Math Instruction with Dani Wadlington & Kyndall Brown
We take a close look at both individual and school-wide approaches to anti-racist practices in education during this podcast. Learn about the newly available workbook that models how to be an anti-racist math educator. Listen to the full episode here.
Thanks to our partnership with Office Depot, we would like to congratulate these winners of a Makey-Makey Classic Kit:
• Callahan, Stephen-San Joaquin County Office of Education
• Cervantes, Merry-Rondo School of Discovery
• Cheyne, Samantha-Woodsboro Elementary
• De Alba, Denise-H.A. Hyde Elementary
• Flores, Jeannine-Los Angeles County Office of Education
• Garcia, Michael-McCabe Elementary School
• Hart, Julie-Forest Hill Elementary School
• Hernandez, Juan Carlos-Betsy Ross Elementary
• Hoskins, John-Antelope Valley High School
• Howard, Tammi-Fifty-Second Street Elementary School
• Hudson, Ree-Pasadena Unified School District
• Intravaia, Paula-Del Mar Union School District
• Kong, Ding-Para Los Ninos
• Mainzer, Dana-Eastside High School
• Matuz, Kristin-Leuzinger High School
• Reep, Olivia-Faubion K-8
• Robertson, Vanessa-Orange County Academy of Sciences and Arts
• Ruiz, Vanessa-Rincon Valley Middle School
• Schertle, Richard-Steindorf K-8 STEAM School
• Zafiropoulos, Carol-Union Middle School
Tech & Career Talk w/ Robert Partee
Friday, May 14, 2021 at 11:30 AM EST
Robert Partee is a software professional with 30+ years of experience. He has led leadership positions at Digital Equipment, Microsoft, Deloitte, and AWS. Currently, Rob is a Senior Practice Manager at Amazon Web Service and leads a team of Application Developers.
Rob holds a Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science and Master’s of Science in The Management of Information Technology from Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech). Rob is married 30 years to his wife Collyne who is a graphic designer. He have 2 adult children who both work in the software industry.
Rob plays an active role in his community; he has served as:
• A Planning Commissioner for the City of Alpharetta, GA ,
• A Mentoring Chairman of 100 Black Men of North Metro Atlanta, GA,
• An Alpharetta Economic Development Authority member
• A Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce member
• A Saint James United Methodist Church trustee
The ABCs of STEM Success: Hooded and Beyond
Wed, Jun 16, 2021 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT
If you have ever doubted your abilities, you are not alone. High-achieving women are more likely to experience Imposter Syndrome. Hear how Dr. Malika Grayson overcame this and other challenges on her journey to becoming the first Caribbean American woman to graduate with an engineering degree from Cornell University. Register by May 10 to be included in a drawing for her book!